Businesses that can demonstrate a revenue reduction of 60% or more will be eligible to receive 15% of their monthly revenue, up to a maximum of $10,000 from the Enhanced COVID-19 Business Benefit.
Businesses are required to report the total amount of provincial and federal support received, to ensure no more than 80% of revenue is covered.
Funds can be used to:
- Cover costs of items that help prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as personal protective equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Pay rent, employee wages or replace inventory.
- Help businesses expand their online presence or e-commerce opportunities so that they can continue to serve customers.
- Payments under the Enhanced COVID-19 Business Benefit will be available in April 2021 following the conclusion of the Small and Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant program.
- Organizations eligible for the Small and Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant can apply for funding through this program until March 31.
- The Enhanced COVID-19 Business Benefit provides financial assistance to Alberta businesses, cooperatives and non-profit organizations with fewer than 500 employees.
- Detailed information on program parameters will be included in the program guidelines closer to the launch date in April.
- Funding received under this program does not need to be repaid.
We will continue to update you as more details become available.